Friday, July 15, 2016

Shooting from the Heart

I tend to photograph from the heart, which is very different than working with your head. When I spot a scene that stirs my soul, whether it's automotive, roadside relics, or even plants, I photograph it. Then it's on to the computer, where I start working on the texture, value scale, and colors in post-processing. Here's an example, shot on a walk with my wife in La Jolla one warm sunny afternoon. We were making our way down a small dirt path on the edge of a cliff overlook when looking down it stopped me in my tracks with its unique shapes, opening to the sun and saying, "I dare you to touch me." As usual, my photograph, a little raw with some attitude.

Botanical Blend #6
This is from my "Botanical Collection " collection and is printed on archival paper. The image is 12"x 12" and is matted, with a black museum frame 16"x 16", ready to hang, and enjoy.

You may purchase it here and have it shipped to your door, or if you're in San Diego, pick it up at my studio on 30th Street, and I will refund the shipping. $275 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. or Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment